At the heart of the design of our new building is our commitment to sustainability. Located in the core of Sooke, British Columbia, here are just some of the highlights of our new facility.
- South facing exposure to maximize passive solar activity.
- Core location next to bus stops for access to clean public transportation.
- Bicycle racks for staff and showers for those who jog or cycle.
- Flat roof designed to accommodate rooftop gardens to increase green space.
- Designed to accommodate solar panels for in-house water heating.
- Windows strategically positioned for improved ventilation to eliminate air conditioning needs.
- Water based heating systems in floors to facilitate slow release heat.
- State of the art storm water drainage systems with filtration.
Please note: Due to strict manufacturing regulations, the Seaweed Center is currently not open to the public.