Our coastal marine environment, demands the best of our knowledge and our respect. We believe that people are integrally part of the environment and by striving to conserve the ocean’s wealth and abundance, we can build sustainable communities today and for future generations. If we do that, then we all enjoy a healthy, high quality life.
Seaflora is known for its endeavours in conservation and its work to protect the marine environment. We are committed to making our operations carbon neutral and we continually look for ways and means to reduce our carbon foot print. We work with non-profit research and public education organizations here in Canada that are committed to conserving marine biological diversity in order to ensure a healthy ocean and a healthy coastal community. Our staff are activists in many local community initiatives to protect our agricultural lands, rural countryside and our coastline.
- All seaweeds are hand-harvested in a practiced sustainable methodology, which allows the seaweeds to continue to grow and thrive.
- We harvest from pristine coastlines, and travel by foot to reduce the impact on local beaches.
- Little or no carbon emissions are produced when harvesting by hand.
- When we work from boats all engines are the most efficient on the market, to reduce carbon emissions substantially.
Our Seaflora Products
- Indigenous ingredients are used to significantly lower our carbon emissions.
- Only organic or food grade ingredients are used to reduce the use of chemicals.
- No parabens, no mineral oil, no petroleums, no mercury, no tars, no formaldehyde.
- Ingredients are never tested on animals and are ethically responsible.
- All retail bags are from 100% corn.
- All office paper supplies are from 100% post consumer recycled material and can be re-cycled at any local recycling depot.
- No extra boxes or plastics on retail products are used and this significantly lowers carbon emission levels in comparison to excess retail packaging.
- We reuse or recycle all packing boxes and all packaging chips
- Packing chips are made from 100% biodegradable starch.
- Plastics are recyclable.
- Our Canadian made wooden gift packaging are from 50% post-consumer recycled material.
- A percentage of our sales support non-profit marine protection societies.
- Recycling programmes are practiced throughout our facilities and are monitored by our recycling coordinator.
- Local employees car-pool and bicycle to work.
- All products are handmade, hand packaged, and hand labeled in house which produces valuable Canadian jobs for Canadian families. No outsourcing is necessary!
“The organic certifications verify our hard work and endeavours in conservation to protect the marine environment. We hand-harvest all our seaweeds from the underwater garden here on the outer coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia. We work with the whole seaweed to gently process it and retain all the exceptional elements contained deep within the seaflora.”